Thursday, August 24, 2017

Mid-Peninsula Bridge - Reflection 1 (Jojo)

Jojo Bachechi-Clark
6/20/16 - 7/07/16 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Peninsula Bridge
Rolando Victoria
rvictoria@menloschool.org


This was my first week ever working at Peninsula Bridge. Either way I wasn’t able to work in a classroom with the kids this week, since I was working in the office all week long, I got to go around from class to class taking pictures of the kids all week long. It was cool because I got to see all the kids participating in all the different classes, like in the art room, I got to see them draw wonderful trees which were then placed all over the walls of the classroom. I would then move over to the math room where I got to see the kids hard at work where they were filling out packets or taking a test.

As a TA, I was also assigned to a family group, which is two teacher assistants and four students. When we first met in our family group, everyone was shy and timid, and no one really wanted to talk to anyone in our family group. Throughout the week as a family group, we have eaten lunch together, and we have done small science labs together. This was great because I was able to witness some of their passion for learning. And in the process, our family group has become more open and everyone has become more comfortable talking to each. I signed up to work at Peninsula Bridge this summer because I really wanted to help kids focus on their education. I know it is hard for the students to be at school during their summer, but I can see that they really want to learn and I’ve enjoyed working with them and I hope to continue having fun for more weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment